Listed below are the official fees for attendance in the 2013-2014 LL.M. Program.

Tuition: $52,862.37 (Charged to the student in two equal installments, with the first installment due in mid-August and the remainder due in mid-December. Students may also enroll in the BruinPay Plan to pay tuition fees in monthly installments.) 

Health insurance: $2,637.63 (Required and charged to student along with tuition fees in two equal installments.)

Total: $55,500.00

Additionally, the university estimates that a student can expect to incur living expenses of approximately $20,000 for the year. This estimate varies by student depending upon expenditures on housing, food, books, etc.

Please note: Tuition costs are identical for both international and domestic students. Due to the manner in which the program is classified by the University of California, residents of California are not eligible for discounted tuition.

LL.M. students may pursue financial aid resources to help supplement the cost of attendance. 

The Withdrawal Refund Chart is a refund schedule for enrolled students who choose to withdraw from the program.

Visa Information

If you are an international student and accept UCLA's offer of admission, you will be subject to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) regulations prior to entering the United States. You will be required to comply with health insurance and health coverage clearance rules and must be found eligible for a U.S. student visa before being permitted to register as a student in the LL.M. Program. Most international students enter the U.S. on an F-1 student visa.

If you accept UCLA's offer of admission, you will receive an I-20 AB Request Form to fill out and return to UCLA. You will also be required to send a copy of your passport, as well as financial documents demonstrating that you possess or will possess the necessary funds to pay for the costs of tuition and living expenses. After receiving and processing these documents, UCLA will send you a completed I-20 form.

After receiving the I-20 form, you must make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence in order to apply for an F-1 student visa to travel to the United States. Please make an appointment well in advance of the date you intend to travel to the United States, as some embassies and consulates take several weeks (or even months) to process visa requests.