Students interested in applying for admission to the S.J.D. Program must submit a Preliminary Application Inquiry Form. This form will be available between November 1 and February 15. The form will request the following information:
- What is your proposed area of research?
- Is there a UCLA School of Law faculty member with whom you are particularly interested in working?
- Where did you receive your first law degree (i.e., J.D. or LL.B.)?
- What was your grade point average and/or class rank during your J.D./LL.B. studies?
- Where did you receive your LL.M. degree?
- What was your grade point average and/or class rank during your LL.M. studies?
- Have you published any academic writing in print (i.e. in a law review, journal, or book)?
After you submit the form, the Graduate Studies Committee will review your responses and determine whether our small, competitive program is a good fit for you. We will inform you of the Committee's decision within 2-3 weeks.