Fifteen alumni of UCLA School of Law are among the top 100 attorneys in the entertainment industry, according to The Hollywood Reporter's 2020 Power 100 ranking, including two who joined the publication's list of "legal legends."
Many of the honorees have continued their close affiliations with UCLA and the law school's Ziffren Institute for Media, Entertainment, Technology and Sports Law, serving on boards of advisors.
The UCLA Law honorees include:
- David Byrnes '93, Ziffren Brittenham
- Sam Fischer '82, Ziffren Brittenham
- Jeff Frankel '91, McKuin Frankel Whitehead
- Michael Gendler '80, Gendler & Kelly
- Carlos Goodman '88, Goodman, Genow, Schenkman, Smelkinson & Christopher
- Dale Kinsella '74, Kinsella Weitzman Iser Kump & Aldisert
- Glen Mastroberte '02, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Marcy Morris '81, Jackoway Austen Tyerman Wertheimer Mandelbaum Morris Bernstein Trattner & Klein
- Robert Offer '92, Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern
- Gretchen Rush '97, Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Richman, Rush, Kaller & Gellman
- Jason Sloane '88, Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern
- Cheryl Snow '97, Gang, Tyre, Ramer, Brown & Passman
- Bruce Tobey '84, O'Melveny & Myers
Skip Brittenham '70, co-founder of Ziffren Brittenham and a top lawyer for on-screen talent, directors and producers for decades, and John Frankenheimer, chairman emeritus of Loeb & Loeb and a giant in music industry law, were named to the Legal Legends list in 2020.
UCLA Law alumni previously named to the Legal Legends list include:
- John Branca '75, Ziffren Brittenham
- Melanie Cook '78, Ziffren Brittenham
- Kenneth Kleinberg '67, Kleinberg Lange Cuddy & Carlo
- Schuyler Moore '81, Greenberg Glusker Fields Claman & Machtinger
- Ken Ziffren '65, Ziffren Brittenham
The Ziffren Institute's advisory board includes Ken Ziffren, a lecturer in media law and the founder of the institute, as well as John Branca, Melanie Cook, Jeffrey Frankel, Carlos Goodman, Dale Kinsella, Robert Offer and Jason Sloane. Kenneth Kleinberg and Ken Ziffren are on the advisory committee of the UCLA Entertainment Symposium, and John Frankenheimer is a committee member emeritus.